About Me

Decent wife. Good Enough Mom. (I think, but you’d have to ask my kids.) Sporadic blogger. Crazy person. Chaos Manager. Finder of stray socks and missing shoes. Loves to cook, wishes it wasn’t demanded of her daily. Runs on caffeine.

Monday, December 30, 2019

it’s been a while

I’ve been away from here for a while. So much has happened. We had a great Thanksgiving Holiday with my sister’s entire family, a frustrating but hilarious trek to a Christmas Tree Farm that resulted in the biggest tree we have ever had that literally didn’t fit in our house (if you are picturing the scene from Christmas Vacation, that is highly accurate.), and my girls and I took a fabulous, busy, albeit rainy trip to NYC 2 weeks ago. It was so great, so exhausting, and so fun.

And then...well, I haven’t been well since. What started as a migraine has led to 2 weeks of dizziness/nausea, headaches, anxiety, and some really high blood pressure. 3 emergency room visits, 2 head scans, and a lot of meds later and I am still no closer to figuring out what is wrong with me. I struggled to get through my oldest son’s birthday and doing all the things. Somehow I got everything done, but the holidays were filled with anxiety and stress and worry and my general upset-ness of how I am feeling and all the things I am missing, and how I can barely be a mom like this.

I’ve worked myself up so much about all these worst case scenario things and that anxiety is contributing to the headaches/blood pressure issues. I have felt so much like a hot mess inside, not showing anyone how I am really feeling because I don’t need everyone around me to worry to. Fuck. I have too many people who need me, something can’t be seriously wrong with me. Yet I know how unfair life is.

Tonight I am supposed to go for an MRI to rule out all the really bad things. I’m going to need a truck tonight Xanax to get through it, and then the next few days until I know something. Playing into some of my anxiety is that 12 years ago on New Years Eve, we were told that my dad’s cancer was no longer treatable and that he would die. And I just think what a fucked up, bullshit coincidence.

Being a woman, there are so many more things it could be than if I was a man. I’m currently waiting for results of an extended thyroid panel as well as iron levels. I have a month-long hormone test I have to start next cycle, that will give me a broader picture of my current status. I have a visit with a cardiologist to figure out my blood pressure issues as well as a heart murmur I was born with. I need a sleep study because I have a deviated septum and I snore. Plus a consult with a neurologist. If everything with my head is negative then over to an ENT to assess my inner ear. Plus anti-anxiety meds because my doc believes anxiety is driving a lot of this.

Apparently, when I fall apart, I fall apart completely.

All the while my kids need me and have a million things, my puppy has a knee issue and needs surgery, which now has to wait until I get myself straightened out first. My husband has been pouty because I haven’t been around much as I am trying to go to bed early in case lack of sleep is making things worse. It’s just all been a lot and I feel like such a loser at life because of this.

Please don’t comment on what I might have or what you had with similar symptoms...none of that helps and my doctor has ordered me to stop googling and talking to people because it’s making my anxiety so much worse. But if you have prayers, love, good thoughts, healing vibes, those I will take.

I’m really, really scared guys. And I am SO damn emotional. And with all of this comes the reality that my baby-making days are over. And that’s a whole set of other emotions I can’t even touch right now.

8 comments:

  1. This year we really made sure to get a normal sized tree and what do you know, it was easier to carry, easier to set up, and will be easier to take down! And no sap left on our ceiling. :-)

    Sending you healthy, good MRI vibes all day today! I'm sorry that you have been so anxious over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you tons of love and hugs, Charlotte. That sucks, and the anticipation paired with the anxiety is am unfair combo. I hope you can take care of yourself while you figure things out, and I hope it's nothing as scary as your anxiety is telling you. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just sending a lot of love and hope that answers come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief, if you're coping with all this and still standing upright, I wouldn't call you a loser at life. Quite the opposite. Don't run yourself down! And I'm grrrr-ing a little at your doctor saying that anxiety is driving this. I bet he wouldn't say that to a man! Anyway, I hope the MRI went okay, and that you find out what's causing you to feel so bad very soon. Sending lots of good wishes, and some warm restorative summer sun from the south.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooof, that's rough....I hope you have answers soon and that you are reassured. Sending best wishes for your health and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Google is AWFUL when you're going through health scares. I'm so sorry. That sounds like so much to be dealing with right now. I'm thinking good thoughts for you, praying for lots of sleep and rest, and for good results. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw that sounds really stressful. Health scares are awful. I hope you get some answers and feel better soon! Also praying that it's something easily treatable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! It sounds like you've been put through the ringer recently. I'm sorry you've been feeling so poorly. Sending all of the above: prayers, good thoughts, healing vibes, and love.

    ReplyDelete