About Me

Decent wife. Good Enough Mom. (I think, but you’d have to ask my kids.) Sporadic blogger. Crazy person. Chaos Manager. Finder of stray socks and missing shoes. Loves to cook, wishes it wasn’t demanded of her daily. Runs on caffeine.

Friday, December 30, 2022

Highlights from a year

 Wow well what a year it’s been! Here’s some highlights:

The year started with my husband losing his job, which sucked in the moment but allowed him to start his own business after a summer of studying and test taking and certifications. It also allowed me to realize the importance of being happy in your job, so I changed jobs, not once, but twice. The job that I initially took ended up being a terrible fit for me in all the ways, so I took a leap and left that job. I start my new job in a couple weeks and I’m pretty confident this will be a really good fit, which I knew with the last job that may not be the case but I was willing to try.

We found a new vacation spot that we fell in love with and are working toward the goal of moving there, new state about 5 hours away. It seriously felt like home and there is a need for the business my husband does, so it’s not a completely out of reach goal.

My second daughter will graduate this year, and she has applied to colleges, not in state. This is something that is incredibly hard for me and makes me have all the feels. But she needs to spread her wings and she can’t do that staying here, I need to let her go but MAN is this ever hard. No one prepares you for the letting go.

I reconnected with my older brother whom I haven’t seen since our dad passed away. Immediately we made plans for me to come visit, across the country and way up in a semi-remote mountain town. It was THE BEST visit and hands down the best part of my year. A piece of me that I didn’t know was missing made me feel whole again. He’s 20 years older than me and we got to talk about Dad and I actually got to have some peace and closure on certain aspects of my life, and I finally have someone who actually looks like me and also acts like me (or I act like him, I was always super close with him growing up.) We talk (well text) almost daily since then and it’s been pretty awesome. He also has a lot in common with my husband so they’ve been chatting a lot too and it’s been this really full circle thing.

So it’s been a transition year and a mixed bag but overall things are good. Life is good. We’re all here and healthy and happy and I think the way the world is going, that’s a pretty big deal. Therapy has changed my husbands life, our marriage has never been better. There are many blessings to be found when you stick with someone through the worst of things to get to the other side and experience how good things can be. 2023 is full of travel and promise to be a good year. Here’s hoping.

What was your year like? And if anyone out there is on IG I’d love to follow along with you. My name on there is radmdrtr stop by and say hello! I miss my blogging buddies and I read everything you write, even when I’m not commenting, I’m still there!

No comments:

Post a Comment