About Me

Decent wife. Good Enough Mom. (I think, but you’d have to ask my kids.) Sporadic blogger. Crazy person. Chaos Manager. Finder of stray socks and missing shoes. Loves to cook, wishes it wasn’t demanded of her daily. Runs on caffeine.

Thursday, October 18, 2018

little reminders

Finally, surgery is scheduled for Monday. Just a few more days of this, and then hopefully Inwill have some closure and can move on from this. I am really ready to get off this one-waybtrain to nowhere. I really wanted to blog something different this week and was all set to do a Day in The Life post, and then the day I was going to write about started with a whole lot of puke and other GI distresses, and no one needs to read about that. I am going to attempt to document tomorrow and write it up this weekend. Fingers crossed.

I went to get my pre-op bloodwork done yesterday, apparently the CBC I had done wasn’t recent enough. I went about 40 minutes before the lab closed, and it was empty when I got there. I was minding my own business trying to figure out the new self-check-in kiosk, when I heard from around the corner “Yeah, everyone says they think I am having a girl this time, but I think boy”, and I looked behind me to see a super pregnant woman. Of course there was.

Luckily I couldn’t dwell on that because right after I was meeting my friend for dinner and we ate way too much delicious Mexican food and I might have had a few Margaritas and a ton of laughs. And without even asking, she told me she is taking me on Monday. Due to school and other child care issues I was all set to go by myself and Uber home, which seemed reasonable to me when faced with what to do, but she was having none of it.

And this morning getting dressed I looked down and noticed the pooch of my lower belly from my uterus, which is not full of life but of remaining products of conception that it is trying to rid itself of. The constant dull ache of my uterus reminds me of that all day long, and also reminds me of the terrible job it is doing of cleansing itself.

But Monday. Monday all this will be gone, and I can finally start healing and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment