About Me

Decent wife. Good Enough Mom. (I think, but you’d have to ask my kids.) Sporadic blogger. Crazy person. Chaos Manager. Finder of stray socks and missing shoes. Loves to cook, wishes it wasn’t demanded of her daily. Runs on caffeine.

Monday, March 9, 2020

PCOS

My oldest daughter, who is 19, has been having cycle issues for a while now. What started as a short cycle recently has turned into weeks of bleeding, even through a round of Progesterone. She had recently lost some weight and started running again, which always messes up her cycle, but it’s usually amenorrhea, not excessive bleeding. She’s having hot flashes and cries a lot and is just feeling pretty crappy in general.

Blood testing resulted in the PCOS diagnosis. We have an appointment scheduled with a GYN but it’s a month away. I don’t know if I should look into an endocrinologist or RE for her yet or what. I don’t know really what to do for her. We had a long talk last night before knowing this diagnosis so I’m hoping that is helping her today, as she got the news while at work.

My heart breaks for her, knowing how this is going to be a lifelong thing she has to deal with. Knowing how hard it could make it for her to have kids one day. They sure don’t give you any tips is parenting books about this...I wish there was a manual. I’m trying to hide my worry from her so that she doesn’t get too upset or worry. I told her when she gets home we will talk about it. But man, guys, this is hard. I know what IF and miscarriage did to me and so many of my friends and all of you out there. Thinking my kid might have to know the same pain just kills me.

If anyone who has pcos, especially if you were diagnosed pretty young, or lease leave me some advice on how to help her and things that helped you manage it or get through it. I’ll take all the help I can get right now.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your daughter got this diagnosis. I don't have any wise words, I'm afraid. Just that she has an informed mom and hopefully a decent gyn who will help her, so she's ahead of the game.

    A niece of mine was diagnosed with PCOS around the same age - she's struggled with it for years, but in recent times has been researching what helps and has had a good dietician and health professionals who actually listen in her court, and that has made a huge difference to her life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks that your daughter received a PCOS diagnosis, but at the same time it's great that she got it early and knows what she is dealing with. I didn't receive my diagnosis until I was 33 and doing fertility treatments, but it was PAINFULLY obvious that it was an issue from the beginning. There's a website, PCOS Diva, that has a lot of great information (she also sells supplements, so beware that). As a younger woman I was SUPER embarrassed by the excess of facial hair and body hair in general. Breakouts for me really became horrid around 30, and then I started losing hair (but the shampoo/conditioner/products I now use, MONAT, have actually resulted in new growth and restored hair to me where I want it). It's so demoralizing to feel like crap and then have all these embarrassing physical markers, too. I was on the Pill, which helped with regulation, but it also masked issues that then blew up in my face when I tried to conceive. However, I will say that most women I know with PCOS were able to conceive either with ART or without. I seemed to be an outlier there. Definitely knowing the diagnosis gives you more power and knowledge to make decisions and talk with your doctor proactively about concerns with BMI, fertility, and other risk factors. Exercise and attempting not to eat a lot of carbs are good things, but I also suck at being consistent.

    That's a lot! Anyway, I hope this helps, check out that website, and shoot me an email if you need more. I have a couple PCOS books too that were given to me by someone who thought that was her fertility issue but it turned out not to be, I could send them to you when I'm not terrified to leave my house, ha. :) Best of luck to you and your daughter. I'm sorry that she has to deal with this nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW I GOT PREGNANT.. My name is Janet VedalI have been married for 4 years without any child . My Fallopian tubes was blocked. I tried everything possible to get pregnant and nothing was working. I visited so many hospital's my problem never seems to end. I lost hope and felt depressed. One faithful day I started checking online on how to get pregnant in the comment section and people were testifying about how they got results after they used  Dr. Oyama herbs,  I was surprised about the testimony and decided to talk with him about my own issue. After explaining to him he said I have to purchase some medication from him after getting this medication I became pregnant and gave birth. If you want to talk to Oyama  contact him on WhatsApp +2348108264684 Page  @Oyamaherbs  Email address : droyamasolutiontemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herbal medicine is the best ����Greetings I am here to testify how great man called Dr OMO helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing my fibroids and Getting pregnant after 8 years of try to conceive with fibroids I takes his product (cure for my fibroid made with herbal medicine Root) for (21) days before I am to known I was totally pregnant after 2months of using dr omo herbs he also have Herbal medical for all types of diseases, and i promised him that i will tell the world about his Great job he ask me to drink from the herbal medicine before meeting my husband I did and after 2months I was pregnant thank you for your great job he can also help you if you have a low sperm count you want to convince a baby fast PCOS ,infections, HIV/ AIDS stomach ulcer ,u Endometriosis cancer, yeast infection, fibromyalgia, Gonorrhea, Chronic pain , LUPUS, low testosterone, Herpes, blocked fallopian tubes Liver parasites ovarian cysts Arthritis, pile, ALS, Crowns and all other type of diseases, breast cancer, Get lost period back, stop period pain, Email : dromo596@gmail.com WhatsApp him on +2349033505260 thank you..Dr Omo. Please help me share and save others God bless you all

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had fibromyalgia for 30 years and it flared up so bad when I hit 50 the only thing that really makes a difference then was a keto diet. The difference is ASTOUNDING in fatigue, brain fog and inflammation. I feel almost human. I have trouble sticking to it though. Thankfully I found Dr Itua who resides from west africa in which I purchased a herbal product to finally get rid of this horrible disease, I drank Dr Itua herbal medicine for one months and I got healed once and for all I'm healthy.
    Dr Itua herbal medicine cure all sort of human diseases and infections with natural herbs made by Dr Itua herbal center, for any enquiry about Dr Itua contact his email address: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or visit his website www.drituaherbalcenter.com to read all the diseases that Dr Itua can cure with his herbal medicines.
    Dr Itua herbal medicine got me back into it.

    ReplyDelete