About Me

Decent wife. Good Enough Mom. (I think, but you’d have to ask my kids.) Sporadic blogger. Crazy person. Chaos Manager. Finder of stray socks and missing shoes. Loves to cook, wishes it wasn’t demanded of her daily. Runs on caffeine.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Failing

I feel a bit like this right now...

The post-holiday slump is in full effect over here. We have had an on-going, circular cold/s since the holidays. It's been freezing cold since just before Christmas, and more than enough bad weather combined with actual scheduled school days off that I feel like we just can't get our ish together. There is barely a schedule/rhythm going on over here. What's that Dr. Seuss line..."too wet to go out, to cold to play ball, so we sat in the house doing nothing at all"...?? It feels a little like that. I mean, we have stuff to do, but it all feels sort of stale and trite. We have baked more sugar cookies and other cookies, made homemade play dough, watched countless hours of cartoons, played every game we own at least twice, played hide and seek, made forts, destroyed and then cleaned up the house at least 2 dozen times, ready so many books I have them memorized them and my already sore throat could barely talk anymore. The snow we have gotten has been enough to stomp around in for a few minutes, but not enough for much else to make being out in the cold seem worth it. We did have 2 quick days of warm weather last week, but everything was so soggy from recent icy weather that it was gross to be out in the yard, and energy was low from all the germs we have had. Sometimes it is nice to have a reason to NOT go anywhere, but this is getting ridiculous. Plus, it is the height of Flu, Strep, and Stomach bug season and all I see are huge germ pits at any of those indoor play places, and I am sure that's exactly what we would find if we went there...more cooped up parents with sick kids. I will stick with our colds, thankyouverymuch. It would be one thing if my husband was able to be here, too, so we could split the work of entertaining everyone, but it’s not enough anything to shut his work down, and the extreme cold makes his job extra freaking busy. Probably why he is the only one of us that hasn’t been sick at least once so t.

I feel like there are a thousand things I should be doing...like moving things from our spare room to the attic to shift kids around, but its far too cold to have the attic open, working on taxes, but I am at a standstill with that until I get my W-2 and some end of year statements, seeing about pre-k registration, but they don't want sick families touring the school, starting a diet and exercise plan, but again, sick, no energy/motivation...I know there is more, but that I have been discovered sitting here typing, so my time is now up.

1 comment:

  1. I think we Moms need to cut ourselves some slack sometimes! As long as your kids are safe, fed, clean, and loved, the rest is just stuff!

    Thanks for all your comments on my blog. I don't have many readers anymore, and your comments always encourage me. I have been publishing posts that I started a while back or that chronologically are from several months ago and backdating them to when they originally took place. That's probably why they're not showing in your reader. I didn't even think about that! Sorry. Thanks, again, for being a faithful reader!

    ReplyDelete