About Me

Decent wife. Good Enough Mom. (I think, but you’d have to ask my kids.) Sporadic blogger. Crazy person. Chaos Manager. Finder of stray socks and missing shoes. Loves to cook, wishes it wasn’t demanded of her daily. Runs on caffeine.

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Quiet

I’ve been quiet. Sometimes I do that, go inside myself, turn myself inward when I’m trying to get myself sorted.

The weather has been nicer (mostly) so the days have been long, spending every chance outdoors with my wild boys. Trucking along through the rest of the school year with the older kids. Trying hard to stay connected to my husband in all the little cracks in time we seem to get these days. Easing in to summer mode, wishing the school year was over already.

I’m good, mostly, if not feeling a little disconnected. I admittedly don’t have many friends, and the ones that I do, we seem to each have our own stuff going on at the moment. There’s only so much reaching out I can do before it feels like I need to let things be.

I got the results of my extended testing, and I have a really unbalanced level of hormones, along the lines of what I had been thinking plus more. I’m going to try the natural, herbal supplement route and see if I have any success with that, as I am not keen on going back in any hormonal treatments if it’s not necessary. I was actually taking one supplement (That I put myself on months ago) that was adding to the problem, so I have stopped that and actually noticed a difference with a week or so. I also started making some other dietary changes...a really great new program where you don’t actually cut out any food group or count calories or points, just follow a very easy model and I have seen some weight loss success without working out at all, so that’s been awesome. If anyone is curious about it, you can email me and I will tell you about it, but I am not ready to shout it from the rooftops until I have some noticeable progress. But 11 pounds down in 2.5 weeks is a happy start for me. Nope I’m not starving, and yes I still have my coffee and creamer daily. No weird shots or supplements or oils. Just eating real food from my fridge, in case anyone thinks it’s just some other fad diet. Not at all.

We just had all that expensive work done on the house (septic system and trees), so we are basically tapped out, and now my car needs a muffler, and the other one needs some extra work as well. I’m not sure how much longer the work can wait, but I am hoping to get through the summer first. Being an adult stinks sometimes!

Sorry for the rambling post, I just needed something to break the silence.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy full life. I give myself tons of credit for when I manage to get together with people as it takes effort, you know? Although perhaps not as much as I imagine. It is challenging to find couple time too. We have had a few date nights planned and we need to continue to prioritize that as it is easy to put it off, but as our lives evolve it’s important to reconnect. I hope your diet continues to show success so you can minimize hormonal interventions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you found out what is happening with your hormones, and can try alternative treatments to medications. Wow, 11 pounds is a lot! That's awesome! I'm sorry for the quiet. It can be so hard as adults to get together with other adults -- so many other things going on between work and kids and schedules. I hope that the silence doesn't last.

    ReplyDelete