About Me

Decent wife. Good Enough Mom. (I think, but you’d have to ask my kids.) Sporadic blogger. Crazy person. Chaos Manager. Finder of stray socks and missing shoes. Loves to cook, wishes it wasn’t demanded of her daily. Runs on caffeine.

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Hitting the nail in the head

I asked my husband today if his aunt had texted him the same pictures she had texted me yesterday.

“No, what were they?”

“Oh, she was just looking through old photos and found one of me and her boys when they were just a hair taller than me. And one of our first baby boy and you. She had to put the albums away and stop looking at them though. They were making her sad.”

“I don’t get that, why you women are like that. It shouldn’t make you sad. It an exciting new time in life, it’s like a graduation, moving in to the next phase of life. You should be happy.”

“No, babe. To us it feels like a loss. To us it is a loss.”

1 comment:

  1. I feel like this is one of those differences between most men and most women -- Bryce doesn't get those things, either. I feel like they tend to see things in the moment and when they're done, they're done. We tend to see the movings-on and the what-was and what-will-no-longer-be, and the passage of time feels different. I think you can look at it as exciting to have a growing up and a moving on to a next phase while mourning that those times can never truly be revisited.

    ReplyDelete